Wednesday 23 October 2013

Chocolate crunchies

Yes, I finally got round to writing another blogpost. I'm so sorry it took so long. I got a bit busy, so the baking took a backseat, but I'm back now. My apron is freshly washed and ironed, tied my hair up in a knot, got some fresh eggs and new packs of Sugar and flour, in other words: time to bake! :)




Before we get on with the actual baking, I'd just like to take a moment to say how much I loved the Great British Bake off this year, congratulations to Frances. I'm sad it's all over, but here's hoping next season will hurry up and get here quick :)


Okay, now let's talk chocolate.
The other day I had an acute craving for chocolate (that does tend to happen once every not so short while ;)
Instead of just nibbling on some chocolate straight from the packet, I wanted something with a bite so I decided to melt the chocolate and throw in all sorts of 'crunchable' stuff.
They turned out pretty good - if I do say so myself - and have (temporarily) quenched my chocolatecravings.
They're really easy to make and there's absolutely no baking involved so that shortens the amount of time in between the preparing and the putting in your mouth, which is always a good thing in my opinion...

You'll need
  • 225g / 7,95 oz dark chocolate (get the best possible quality, if it's possible try and get your hands on some real belgian chocolate..)
  • 160g / 5,65 oz butter
  • a wide variety of crunchie stuff like nuts (roasted and chopped), rice krispies, regular cornflakes, normal dry biscuits, dried fruit, muesli...
Making the magic happen
  1. Put the chocolate and the butter in a large pan (keep in mind that all the other ingredients will have to go in this pot, and you'll want to be able to stir everything in without making too big of a mess...)with a thick bottom and put it on a low to medium heat.
  2. Let it melt, but keep stirring it while it melts (otherwise the chocolate might burn, and believe you me, that is not funny. It honestly smells toxic!)
  3. Once the chocolate and butter are melted immediately turn of the heat.
  4. Add the crunch. I can't say how much of everything you have to put in, you'll have to do it as you like it. If you like lots of nuts, go crazy. But if you prefer something else, don't let me keep you from adding it. Just put in whatever takes your fancy.







  5. Make sure everything is nicely coated in the chocolate mixture.
  6. Despite the look it's nice to eat straight out of the pot (but we've got to be civilised and share with other people..) So grab a teaspoon and start scooping out the mixture. I used mini cupcake-cases, but you could just as wel just plonk it on a baking tray lined with baking paper...
  7. Let it cool and harden. Don't put it in the fridge though, because that will make your chocolate turn a white shade...

Nederlandstalig recept

Nodig
  • 225g chocolade (de beste kwaliteit die je kunt vinden)
  • 160g boter
  • een wijde variëteit aan krokante dingen zoals petit beurres (droge koekjes), muesli, gedroogd fruit, gepofte rijst, cornflakes, geroosterde noten,...
Te doen
 
  1.  Doe de chocolade en de boter samen in een grote pot (straks moeten alle andere ingrediënten hierbij en je moet nog kunnen mengen zonder veel problemen) en zet op halfhoog vuur.
  2. Blijf steeds roeren in het mengsel zodat de chocolade niet kan aanbranden (geloof me, dit wil je nooit ruiken!)
  3. Als alles mooi gesmolten is haal je de pot van het vuur.
  4. Doe er je gekozen krokante ingrediënten in en zorg ervoor dat alles onder een chocoladelaagje zit.
  5. Ik gebruikte mini cupcake vormpjes, maar je kunt evengoed gewoon kleine hoopjes vormen op een met bakpapier beklede bakplaat.
  6. Laat de bolletjes afkoelen op een koele/koude plaats (niet in de frigo want dan kan je chocolade wit uitslaan. Dat ziet er meteen heel wat minder aantrekkelijk uit...)
 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment