Thursday 31 July 2014

You heard it here first...

Soooo... Long time no see, I know.

Since starting this blog I realised that blogging is a lot harder than I expected.
I got sidetracked for a minute and couldn't seem to get back to it. I haven't stopped baking (as if that's even an option, honestly) but I found it hard to take a step back every five seconds to take a picture of the process. And it was a lot harder still to come up with some interesting writing about it afterwards. I mean, the moment that you're baking, you kinda "get in the zone" (at least, I do, how 'bout you guys?) and when the delicious fragrances of a perfectly baked cake/cookie/bread (insert whatever tickles your fancy) escape the oven it's easier to just enjoy it while it's still warm instead of trying to snap some pretty pictures.. You know what I mean?

I also got a job (to be honest, my first day was way back in February) and it proved (see what I did there ;) to be difficult to combine with regular baking.
But last week something happened, I actually started taking pictures of my baking something and I even caught myself thinking how best to describe the recipe step by step..
You heard it here first, I'm back!
It might have something to do with a recent vacation in Great-Britain, and my visiting a few a lot of cookery shops, especially one in Canterbury where I bought my first ever very own rolling pin (the one I previously used was my mom's) and I'm loving it!

Although admittely I can't guarantee daily posts, I will however do my flippin' best to get some mouthwatering, crispy golden baked recipes up for you.
If there's any requests, do feel free to ask me!

And next up => fruit tartlets (or 'tartelettes' seeing it's a French classic and all that)

1 comment: